We offer both in-person and contactless options for borrowing library materials. For in-person service at the Library Service Desk, please be sure to bring your Gull Card. You can find more information about the library's collections, returning items, and requesting materials from other libraries on our Borrowing Materials page.
Mobile Self-Checkout - Using the Meescan app, SU patrons can check out most books at the SU Libraries right from their iOS or Android device. No need to wait in line at the Library Service Desk! Please visit our Mobile Self-Checkout page for more information.
Paging: Library staff can pull books from our shelves for you to pick up at the Library Service Desk or through Curbside Pickup. You can request items through the online catalog on the library homepage, and choose Guerrieri Academic Commons or SU Curbside Pickup as the pickup location.
Curbside Pickup: Our curbside pickup service is available for many library materials (most books and DVDs). You can request items through the online catalog on the library homepage, and pick them up outside the GAC without any in-person contact. For more information on using this service, please visit our Curbside Pickup page.
Scanning Service: Faculty who need an article or book chapter in the SU Libraries collection can place a request to have these items scanned and uploaded to your Interlibrary Loan account.
- Find the item using the search box on the SU Libraries home page.
- Click on the item title in the results list, and then click on the Find It link under Check Availability.
- In the new window that opens, click on Request it from Interlibrary Loan.
- If you have not created an Interlibrary Loan account, you will be prompted to do so, and then the request form will be filled in with the item information. Please note: if you are requesting access to a book chapter in our collection, please provide the page numbers and/or chapter titles you need in the Notes field on the request form.
- We must limit requests to 2 requests and 30 pages per day. We ask for your patience and understanding as it may take longer than normal to process requests.