Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Instruction Goals
This guide can help you:
Form an approach to initiating the reserach assignment.
Explore topics for your paper or project. What motivates you?
Explore SU Library's information resources.
Start to gather information for an assignment.
+Assignment and research approach
Sometimes, a structured approach to research can help to organize ideas and the way you think about information sources:
1. Explore topic basics (causal web searching)
2. Depth & Breadth (library catalog: books)
3. Specific scholarly "conversations" (library databases: journal articles)
4. Support your argument (source citation)
5. Drafts & revisions (research librarians & learning commons)
Manage & Organize
ProQuest RefWorks - Source citation tool
Please sign into your RefWorks account.
Keep RefWorks open in a tab at the top of your web browser.