1. Explore topic basics (casual searching)
2. Background (books and reference sources)
3. Research (library databases)
4. Support your argument (source citation)
5. Drafts & revisions (research librarians & learning commons)
Combine keywords with boolean operators (AND, OR, NOT).
If your research involves a company, search by the ticker symbol of that company, if available.
If you are doing industry research, search by industry code when possible.
Use the library's CitationLinker tool. Identify parts of the citation and use what you know to search for the article.