1. Explore topic basics (casual web searching)
2. Background (library catalog: books)
3. Current research (library databases: journal articles)
4. Support your argument (source citation)
5. Drafts & revisions (research librarians & Writing Center)
Why use books for my research?
TIPS TO REMEMBER WHEN SEARCHING IN THE CATALOG:
There are three ways to get library books here at SU. In the order you should look for your item, you can borrow from
Subject headings are a type of controlled vocabulary that is used to take the guesswork out of searching by using a single term to describe a subject.
Look to the bottom of a book record to see what subject headings are assigned to the book- you can use those terms as keywords, or see what other titles have been assigned the same subject headings.