1. Explore topic basics and develop keywords (casual searching)
2. Quantitative Research (government documents or statistical websites)
3. Research (library databases)
4. Support your argument (cite reliable sources)
5. Drafts & revisions (research librarians & learning commons)
Research Documentatation, 5th ed. - From authors of style guides in several disciplines, this website provides examples of in-text citations and References lists for Chicago, APA, MLA, etc....
You always have the most control over the accuracy of your citations when you do it by hand using the selected style manual (above).
ProQuest RefWorks is a citation management tool that assists researchers in gathering, organizing, annotating, and citing their sources. Accounts are free to anyone with an SU email address (students, staff, faculty).
To set up your account, go here.
Please note that citation tools like RefWorks are only as perfect as the data they are extracting from resources -- you should always double-check your citations to make sure they are correct.