Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Ask yourself as many questions as possible to ensure you are thinking critically about the subject.
- For target market research, consider not just the age, but the lifestyle, gender, household size, location, culture, and other factors that would influence that market's consumer tendencies.
- Alternate your focus between the industry, company, and the consumer (who would buy X product? would person Y buy it? what prevents them from doing so? what could the company/product do to change this?).
Where to start?
- Segmentation strategy
- Target customer(s)
- Socioeconomic characteristics
- Product end-use (b2b)
- Company size (b2b)
- Type of industry (b2b)
- Geographic location
- Marketing mix
- Product strategy
- Pricing strategy
- Communication strategy
- Distribution channels
- Marketing textbook
- Company profiles -- library databases
- Press releases
- Industry reports -- library databases
- Statistics -- library databases
- News stories -- library databases
- Annual reports -- library databases
Searching Journal Collection
Business News Subscriptions
Business Week (Digitized Print)
This is the digitized copy of the weekly magazine which reports on news, ideas and trends affecting industry and the economy for those in business management, with national and international coverage.
Business Week Online
A website based on the magazine, offers a frequently updated report of business throughout the world over an online medium.
Founded in 1843, The Economist is and always has been, a publication of sometimes radical opinion with a reverence for facts. It is firmly established as one of the world's most authoritative and influential publications. Articles from The Economist are anonymous.
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news and services for the global business community.
Forbes is a business magazine featuring business leaders, entrepreneurs, executives and investors.
A monthly magazine that business information on the economic, political and social trends that affect the environment of business.
Harvard Business Review
Presents analysis of management problems and helpful commentary on advanced thinking and practice in all fields of management and administration.
Regional Business News This link opens in a new window
This database provides comprehensive full text for regional business publications (including titles from Crain Communications). This database has full text for more than 60 sources.
Wall Street Journal This link opens in a new window
Indexes, abstracts, and provides online full text for the Wall Street Journal newspaper 1984-present