Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
+In the research process: BOOKS
1. Explore topic basics (casual web searching)
2. Background (library catalog: books)
3. Current research (library databases: journal articles)
4. Support your argument (source citation)
5. Drafts & revisions (research librarians & Writing Center)
Found it in the catalog? Use the call number locator to find it in the building
Call Number Locator: The call number of a library item is like a home address. Copy and paste any call number you find in the library catalog to see where it lives in the library.
Why use books for research?
Why use books for my research?
- Detailed analysis of a topic
- Background information
- Overview of big issue
- Use their bibliographies to find other sources