Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This guide will provide you with the information, links, and resources to:
- Find Articles - search through library holdings (both print and electronic) to get scholarly articles via library-owned databases.
- Find Books - using the library's public access catalog, search the holdings of both Library and the other libraries within the entire University System of Maryland. If needed, it is also possible to easily search through other libraries for additional books not held by SU or other USM system libraries.
- Access Data - get your hands on local and international data, as well as demographic data.
- Organize & Cite - help in organizing your literature search results, and how to cite what you reference in your paper.
- Maps - find maps - local, national, world - all sorts of maps.
Welcome to the GEOG 414 Writing & Research Guide.
This guide provides links and information designed to help you with your research needs.
Image credit: Metropolis Globe, New York - by Warner Kunz.
Original unaltered image used 1/2015 via Creative Commons License permission.