Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Research Paper Checklist
The following is adapted from Dr. Illig's research paper checklist. For all of the areas that this guide can help you with there is a bullet below the item detailing which tab of the guide to refer to.
- Title Page:
- Check out the Citing Sources tab for information on citations, including the formatting of the title page
- 5 full pages of text for the terms paper
- 7 peer-reviewed scholarly journal articles
- The Find Keywords tab helps figure out the first steps in searching in a database
- The Evaluating Information tab helps explain how to identify what is a scholarly article vs a popular source
- The Find Articles tab lists databases you should use for finding sources
- Bibliography with all the appropriate information
- Citing Sources has links for all three citations styles allowed for this paper (ALA, APA, and Chicago)
- Margins, fonts, page numbering
- Lines and Justification
- In-text Citations
- Check out the Citing Sources tab for information on citations, including in-text
- Avoid overusing direct quotes
- Check spelling and grammar
Have a question during our class you'd rather ask anonymously? Use the Jamboard to post a sticky note with your thoughts!