First Annual Community Health Drug Fair
What to Include? Your poster must include the following:
- Your organization’s name (with presenters name)
- Your organization’s mission (why does your organization exist).
- Goal (general statement).
- Example, increase knowledge concerning marijuana.
- Learning objective(s) (changes in awareness, knowledge, attitude, or skill).
- Example, the attendees will be able to correctly identify three street names for marijuana.
- Target population (who is your poster intended for).
- Examples of potential risk factors for the target population.
- Baseline data (a chart that depicts quantitative data from national, state, and local resources). The purpose of this chart is to support your case for the need to intervene and prevent the use of your selected drug.
- Theory/Model (theories are the backbone of a well-planned drug intervention. Theories provide the foundation as to what to expect from human behavior). You must include all constructs, with definition, from the theory/model you will be using).
- Drug classification must be included, as well as the current law regarding your selected drug.
- Examples of how the drug is administered, as well as the actions on the brain from taking the drug.
- Short and long-term side effects of the selected drug.
- Toxicity, dependence, abuse, and misuse (definitions and examples)
- Finally, strategies to increase individual protective factors.
*Suggestions: You may want to include a “take-away” for attendees, as well as a link to your organization's website, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.