1. Explore (reference sources)
2. Background (library catalog: books)
3. Scholarly conversations (library databases: articles)
4. Support arguments (source citation)
5. Drafts & revisions (librarians & Writing Center)
The shelves between the IT service desk and the Library service desk are filled with reference books. You can browse here for reference sources that could be useful for a history topic. Then, take note of the call number on the spine. If you go into the stacks, check in the area of the first alpha numeric set of numbers: you will find books on the same topic!