1. Explore topic basics (casual web searching)
2. Background (library catalog: books)
3. Current research (library databases: journal articles)
4. Support your argument (source citation)
5. Drafts & revisions (research librarians & Writing Center)
Why use books for my research?
Keywords: MICHELANGELO SISTINE CHAPEL
1. MICHELANGELO - 50 000+ results
2. Add SISTINE CHAPEL - Notice your results are more specific.
3. Limit results to BOOKS under format on the left side of your screen.
4. According to the call number and location, where would I find a book in the library?
5. See something not owned by SU? Order through ILL.
Call Number Locator: The call number of a library item is like a home address. Copy and paste any call number you find in the library catalog to see where it lives in the library.
There are three ways to get library books here at SU. In the order you should look for your item, you can borrow from
To check the status of items or renew them online: ILL, USMAI. All accounts use the same login information (what is used for Gullnet, email, and campus computers).