Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
+In the research process: BOOKS
1. Explore topic basics (casual web searching)
2. Background (library catalog: books)
3. Current research (library databases: journal articles)
4. Support your argument (source citation)
5. Drafts & revisions (research librarians & Writing Center)
Why use books for research?
Why use books for my research?
- Detailed analysis of a topic
- Background information
- Overview of big issue
- Use their bibliographies to find other sources
Search for books
Keywords: LEATHER JACKET HISTORY
1. LEATHER JACKET - 3000+ results
2. Add HISTORY - Notice your results are more specific.
3. Limit results to BOOKS under format on the left side of your screen.
4. Sort by RELEVANCE ONLY from the drop down menu on the upper right area of your screen.
5. Find this book: Art of the flight jacket : classic leather jackets of World War II
6. See a book or article not owned by SU? Order through ILL.
Call Number Locator
Wondering how to find a book in the library once you've found its call number? Use our online Call Number Locator to quickly find the book you need!
Ways to Get Resources
There are three ways to get library books here at SU. In the order you should look for your item, you can borrow from
- SU Libraries
- Direct Borrowing from our consortium,The University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions (USMAI)
- Interlibrary loan (ILL) from libraries outside USMAI
Policies can be seen here.
To check the status of items or renew them online: ILL, USMAI. All accounts use the same login information (what is used for Gullnet, email, and campus computers).