Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Research Paper (1,600 - 1,800 words)
- Choose a topic within the tradition of Western Music from the Classical Era onward that examines the intersection between 3 or more of the following: Who, What, Where, When, How, Why
- Provide abstract (200 - 300 words) and works cited
- Research primary and secondary sources, at least 10 sources
- Develop a research paper in MLA style. Take the role of an outsider observer or investigator; only speak from perspective if absolutely necessary.
- Present your paper to the class
Phase 1: End of Week 9 - Submit 5 possible topics
Phase 2: End of Week 11 - Submit abstract (200 - 300 words)
Phase 3: End of Week 12 - First 3 paragraphs and outline for peer review
Phase 4: End of Week 14 - First Draft
Phase 5: By Final Exam Period - Submit Final Draft
Phase 6: Final Exam Period: Paper Presentation
Manage & Organize
ProQuest RefWorks - Source citation tool
Please sign into your RefWorks account. Keep RefWorks open in a tab at the top of your web browser.
Creative Commons Licenses
CCBY: Creative Commons
When looking for images and videos for your presentation, consider CC licensing.