Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In class, you will develop a clinical (PICO) question on a health-related topic specific to the athletic training profession or patient population. You will then perform a scholarly search of the available literature that best answers and supports your clinical question. Select, at minimum, 5 peer-reviewed, scholarly articles which may help answer your PICO question. You will need to clearly and concisely synthesize each peer reviewed article. Each article synthesis should be a minimum of 1 page in length. At the end of the annotated bibliography you will provide a conclusion section which will provide a succinct yet comprehensive answer to your PICO question. Please utilize AMA citation style.
The Annotated Bibliography should include the following sections:
- Title Page (should identify a title/focus area)
- Must include: Submitted for Review to Matthew Campbell, ATTR 501: Injury and Illness Prevention, Salisbury University. July 2020
- Clinical Question (concisely state your clinical/PICO question)
- Annotated Bibliography (Clearly articulate the following items)
- Purpose of the study
- Hypothesis/research questions
- What does what you found mean
- Conclusion (What did you find, did it answer your question)
- Scholarly, peer-reviewed
- AMA style (in-text and bibliography) accurate and liberally used
- Selected appropriately (i.e. use CRAAP method)
- Page maximum: 6 pages (not including reference page)
- Include bolded sub-headings
- Single-spaced, 1” margins
- Arial or Times New Roman fonts
Manage & Organize
ProQuest RefWorks - Source citation tool
Please sign into your RefWorks account.
Keep RefWorks open in a tab at the top of your web browser.