Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Assignment and research approach
Here's a basic research approach and sources to consider along the way. Think of these sources as pieces of evidence that back up your ideas.
1. Explore topic context & primary sources (the open web)
2. Learn the background (library catalog: books)
3. Discover scholarly conversations (library databases: journal articles)
4. Support your argument (source citation)
5. Rinse, repeat; drafts & revisions (research librarians, writing center)
Example topic: Video Games, Violence, & Learning
Why this topic? Well....