Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Information Literacy Instruction Goals
- Search multidisciplinary databases to find full text articles on a topic; use "Find It" links to find full text of articles.
- Search WorldCat Discovery to identify books and other materials owned by the library; find a book on the shelf using its LC call number.
Literature Review Preparation
To successfully complete the Article Analysis assignment, a full-fledged review of literature, and your big research project, you will need the following:
- A substantive research topic statement.
- Keywords derived from that statement - to be used searching the library's tools.
- A knowledge of important journals in Communication research
- Familiarity with using the library's search tools to find articles within those journals
- Familiarity with the anatomy of an article citation
- Ability to recognize how the research was done and conclusions from it