Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Why use books for Research?
Why use books for research?
- High quality; university publishers; works written by top experts
- Detailed analysis of a topic
- Background information
- Often contain articles as book chapters!
- Use bibliographies/references in books to find additional sources
Using Quick Search to find books
Keywords: social media politics women
1. social media = 1 mill + results
2. add "politics" - notice your results are more specific.
3. Limit to Print BOOK format. Have a look at Women for president : media bias in nine campaigns.
- Summary, subject links, Location, Status, TOC, Cite/Export to Refworks.
- Under the drop menu, Library Links, use the Call Number Map to help track down your book.
3. Sort list of results by: newest to oldest
4. Books SU Libraries doesn't own: Interlibrary Loan.
Found it in the catalog? Use the call number locator to find it in the building.
Call Number Locator - The call number of a library item is like a home address. Copy and paste any call number you find in the library catalog to see where it lives in the library.