MARYLAND HISTORY DAY
Maryland Humanities, which sponsors the state National History Day program, has plentiful resources to support teachers, including:
- Main Maryland Humanities NHD teacher resources
- Maryland History Day Teacher Resources 2023 padlet with tons of helpful material
- Google folder with classroom resources, such as thesis development worksheets, sample parent letters, etc.
- Professional development opportunities
- Maryland History Day Teacher eNews
- Teacher resources: The national program of National History Day also provides teacher resources, including resources aimed specifically at middle school teachers and at high school teachers as well as rubrics for use in the classroom and links to "HELP! I'm a new NHD teacher" videos (4 parts).
- National program webinars and online courses for teachers
- Resources for teaching NHD virtually
RESOURCES FROM OTHER STATE PROGRAMS
- Minnesota History Day Curriculum and Timeline
- Minnesota History Day category-specific resources
- National History Day in California teacher toolkit
- Wisconsin History Day teacher toolkit
- Wisconsin History Day category guides (quite useful but be aware that these haven't been updated to conform with the 2020 rule book):