Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In the research process: BOOKS
1. Explore topic context & primary sources (the open web)
2. Learn the background (library catalog: books)
3. Scholarly conversations (multi-subject databases: journal articles)
4. Support your argument (source citation)
5. Rinse, repeat; drafts & revisions (research librarians, writing center)
+Search for books
Keywords: video games Call of Duty advertise violence
1. video games
2. add "violence" - notice your results are more specific
3. After each search, you must limit results to BOOKS under Format on the left side of your screen.
4. Notice there is a citation generator built into each book reference.
Cite/Export this book citation to Easybib: Killing Monsters by
Publication Date: 2003-05-06
Found it in the catalog? Use the call number locator to find it in the building.
Call Number Locator - The call number of a library item is like a home address. Copy and paste any call number you find in the library catalog to see where it lives in the library.