Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Why use books for research?
Why use books for my research?
- Detailed analysis of a topic
- Background information
- Overview of big issue
- Use their bibliographies to find other sources
Call Numbers to Browse
- all of NB: Sculpture
- NB60-1115: History
- NB1160-1195: Designs and technique
- NB1293-1895: Special forms
Search for books
1. Search TEA CEREMONY- 7500+ results
2. Add JAPAN - Notice your results are more specific.
3. Limit results to BOOKS under "Format" on the left side of your screen. How many books are there?
4. Look for the book Pictorial encyclopedia of Japanese culture : the soul and heritage of Japan
5. According to the call number, where would I find this book in the library?
6. See a book or article that you want to use, but isn't owned by SU Libraries? Request it through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
Found it in the catalog? Use the call number locator to find it in the building
Call Number Locator: The call number of a library item is like a home address. Copy and paste any call number you find in the library catalog to see where it lives in the library.
Ways to Get Resources
There are three ways to get library books here at SU. In the order you should look for your item, you can borrow from
- SU Libraries
- Direct Borrowing from our consortium,The University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions (USMAI)
- Interlibrary loan (ILL) from libraries outside USMAI
To check the status of items or renew them online: ILL, USMAI. All accounts use the same login information (what is used for Gullnet, email, and campus computers).