Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
While you may or may not be able to access our print collection, our eBooks are always available to you!
A Note About JSTOR eBooks
In the event that you find a book in JSTOR that looks like we have access, but when you actually click on the JSTOR link it says we don't, do not despair! In most cases, those books can be purchased quickly.
Email Martha Zimmerman with a screenshot of the book you want to access.
Taylor and Francis eBooks
SU Libraries also has a collection of books from Taylor and Francis. Those books cannot be searched with via the catalog search box above. Instead, search the Taylor and Francis database below directly.
Taylor and Francis E-Book Collection
Interdisciplinary collection of e-books from Taylor & Francis covering the following subject areas: China, Culture and Ethnicity, Ethics, Globalization, Human Rights, The Internet, Korea, Race and Ethnicity, Sexuality Studies, Social and Cultural Theory and Urban Studies.
Ways to Get Resources
There are three ways to get library books here at SU. In the order you should look for your item, you can borrow from
- SU Libraries
- Direct Borrowing from our consortium,The University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions (USMAI)
- Interlibrary loan (ILL) from libraries outside USMAI
See more on the Libraries' Borrowing Policies.
To check the status of items or renew them online, log in to the appropriate library account.
Call Number Locator Map
Use this to find which shelf your book is on.
Browse by Call Number
These are call number ranges you might want to browse for books about Sociology topics:
- HM1-1281 Sociology
- HM711-806 Groups/Organizations
- HM811-821 Deviant Behavior
- HM1001-1281 Social Psychology
- HM1106-1171 Interpersonal Relationships
- HN1-995 Social History, Social Problems
- HQ12-472 Sexuality
- HQ503-1064 Marriage, Family
- HQ767-799 Children, Youth, Adolescence
- HQ1060-1064 Aged, Gerontology
- HQ1073-1073.5 Death, Dying
- HQ1075-2030.7 Sex Role, Feminism
- HS1-3371 Secret Societies, Clubs
- HT51-1595 Communities, Classes, Races
- HT101-395 Urban Sociology
- HT401-485 Rural Sociology
- HT601-1445 Classes
- HT1501-1591 Races
- HV1-9960 Social Pathology, Criminology
- HV5001-5040 Drug Abuse
- HV6001-9960 Criminology, Police, Prisons