Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Information Literacy Instruction Goals
- Search WorldCat Discovery to identify books and other materials owned by the library; find a book on the shelf using its LC call number.
- Search multidisciplinary databases to find full text articles on a topic; use "Find It" links to find full text of articles.
- Cite sources using a citation style.
Assignment and research approach
Here's a basic research approach and sources to consider during Annotated Bibliography drafts. Think of these sources as pieces of evidence that support your argument. Research writing is "recursive," in which drafts can be opportunities to swap weaker sources for stronger ones.
1. Explore topic context & primary sources (news or non-library sources)
2. Learn the background (WorldCat Discovery: books)
3. Discover scholarly conversations (library databases: journal articles)
4. Support your argument (source citation)
5. Rinse, repeat; drafts & revisions (research librarians, writing center)
Creating an Account
To create your ProQuest RefWorks account, follow these steps.
- Open this link to RefWorks; Select the “Create Account” link.
- When prompted, enter your SU email address and click the “Check” button.
- This will check to ensure you have access to ProQuest RefWorks through SU.
- Once this is confirmed, enter a password for your ProQuest RefWorks account and click the “Sign Up” button.
- Next, go to your email account and click the link in the account activation email from ProQuest RefWorks. This will activate your ProQuest RefWorks account and bring you to a page where you can add your name and other information.
- Clicking the “Next” button opens your ProQuest RefWorks account where you can begin adding citations and documents.
- Click on your name--> Settings-->Database Exports--> select Send my exports to New RefWorks.