Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
+The Research Process: Explore Topic Basics
1. Explore topic basics (casual web searching)
2. Background (library catalog: books)
3. Current research (library databases: journal articles)
4. Support your argument (source citation)
5. Drafts & revisions (research librarians & Writing Center)
Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay
Use keywords to find topic arguments in research tools.
Topic Question: "What are some of the current sustainability issues surrounding global climate change? "
Keywords: "climate change" global sustainability
Fill out the keyword sheet below to explore wording that is used to describe your own topic.
In addition to the link to Thesaurus.com below, MS Word has a built-in thesaurus: