Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The fields of Geography/Geosciences/GIS truly span the map (no pun intended!) - and so there is no way I could ever logically list out all of the books we have here in the building that would be of interest to you. Searching our library holdings via the search box below is the best way for you to see what we have, and the wealth of information available to you on *every* topic you need or are interested in!
Although you're unlikely to use books for this project, a quick scan can help you determine if your topic is new. It might also give you ideas for ways to narrow your specific topic, especially because you'll be able to see more than just the books we own in the GAC.
Find Books, Articles, and More
Topic: Effects of global warming on hail storms in the Great Plains region of the United States.
Keywords: "global warming" hail "Great Plains"
- Type in the keyword phrase "global warming" in the search box. What do you get? Too many results! Time to get more specific!
- Add in the keywords hail and "Great Plains". Now what do you get? Zero results? Our search was too specific!
- Let's back up a bit and do a search just on the keywords "global warming" and hail - let's ignore "Great Plains" for now. Now you get some nice search results!
- Try that same search again, but this time with the keywords "global warming" and "Great Plains" - see how you get some results that are similar, some that are different? Look through both sets of results.
- Use the limiters on the left side of the screen to narrow to just books, just articles, and more.