Your Music Research Specialist
I'm Kathryn Kalmanson, your music research specialist. Please let me know when you need help with your research!
The best way to reach me is by email. I check my email frequently during each work day, even when I'm not in my office.
You can also call me: 410-543-6190 (office), 410-845-9093 (mobile). If I can't answer at that moment, be sure to leave a message so that I can get back to you. You can also text me at the mobile number.
Your're always totally welcome to drop in at my office, Blackwell Library--BL129b. My door is usually closed because people are studying nearby, but please come on in. I'm always glad to see you!
FH234 (piano lab)
Thursday 2:00 - 3:30
Friday 10:00am-12 noon
FH 234 (piano lab)
Other times by appointment or drop in
Library Facilities for Music
Listening Room BL 211
Small room containing playback equipment for CDs and a computer for accessing music online.
Soundproof room contains an electronic keyboard; headphones are available at the Circulation Desk.
Access to both of these rooms is by Gull Card. You must first have your Gull Card activated by the Administrative Specialist in the Music Department.
Welcome to the Music research guide !
- Reference - essential research tools; best places to start your search
- Find Books - books in Blackwell Library, the University System of Maryland, and other libraries
- Find Articles - index databases that lead to articles in scholarly journals and/or other music periodicals
- Find Scores - printed and electronic scores in Blackwell Library or borrow them online from other libraries worldwide
- Listening - CDs in the library, plus thousands of recordings streamed from library databases
- Internet Sources - selection of recommended locations for free music information
- Citing sources - examples in Turabian/Chicago style with links to other styles
- Classes/Topics - research guides for your classes and assignments
- Faculty interests - resources for instruction, research, and professional interests
Free downloads and other goodies: