Library Instruction Goals
This guide should help you:
Explore topics for your paper or project. What motivates you?
Explore the Hege library's information resources.
Start to gather information for an assignment.
Upon completing this library session, students will be able to:
Identify the use of information sources based on the type of information (i.e. books for background)
Identify keywords from a research question/sentence.
Distinguish differences between popular and scholarly articles.
Assignment and research approach
Sometimes, a structured approach to research can help to organize ideas and the way you think about information sources:
1. Explore topic basics (casual web searching)
2. Background (library catalog: books)
3. Current research (library databases: journal articles)
4. Support your argument (source citation)
5. Drafts & revisions (research librarians & learning commons)