Library Instruction Goals
This guide can help you:
Form an approach to initiating the research assignment.
Explore topics for your paper or project. What motivates you?
Explore SU Libraries' information resources.
Start to gather information for an assignment.
+Assignment and research approach
Sometimes, a structured approach to research can help to organize ideas and the way you think about information sources:
1. Explore topic basics & primary sources (the open web)
2. Background (library catalog: books)
3. Current research (library databases: journal articles)
4. Support your argument (source citation)
5. Drafts & revisions (research librarians, writing center)