Sometimes it helps to have a basic approach for gathering information related to a topic.
The process below can help you to begin gathering information for your presentation outline and collection of information sources.
1. Explore topic basics (non-library web sources that you must critically evaluate for quality)
2. Well-established topic history (library catalog: books)
3. Topic scholarship (library databases: journal articles)
4. Support your argument (cite and attribute credit using a "style")
5. Drafts & revisions (research librarians & learning commons)