1. Explore topic context (casual web searching)
2. Learn basic topic information (library catalog: books)
3. Focus on current scholarly conversations (library databases: articles)
4. Synthesize your ideas with previous scholarship (source citation)
5. Drafts & revisions (librarians & learning commons)
Web of Science (Citations on science, technology, social sciences and arts & humanities.)
PROLA (Physical Review Online Archive) - direct from the American Physics Society (& therefore not Library-paid access) this allows you to search Physical Review Letters, Physical Review, & Reviews of Modern Physics.