Form an approach to working on your country profile.
1. Provide a brief history of the country's founding. Was it a former colony? If so, of whom? If a former colony, what kinds of products or raw materials were exported to the colonial ruler?
- What does the country make or produce?
- Is the country a "one-commodity" exporter (i.e. does one major export account for up to 75% of the country's exports?)
- The country's market(s)
- To whom does the country export?
- Who are the country's biggest trading partners?
- Is the largest trading partner the former colonial ruler?
- What does the country import and from whom?
- Do other countries export similar goods (or the same goods if a one-commodity country?)
- If so, to whom?
- Also a former colony? If so, of the same ruling colonizer?
2. Provide contemporary demographic data and trends:
- Major religions
- Provide the following:
* RNI (Rate of Natural Increase)
* CBR (Crude Birth Rate)
* CDR (Crude Death Rate)
* Infant mortality rate
* Fertility rate
- Provide a population pyramid of the country
3. For your population pyramid, consult the US Census Bureau's International Database for data (select the year 2010).