If you do not find what you are looking for within this site, please feel free to contact SU's Science Librarian - Susan Brazer.
I can be reached by e-mail or phone - feel free to use either! I am not always in my office, but I do check my phone messages:
My e-mail goes directly to my iPhone, so I am much more likely to return an e-mail message quickly than I am a phone message!
..........by the time you finish working your way through this guide, you will have developed some *invaluable* research skills, such as:
You will learn *all* of these research skills by working your way through the numbered tabs up at the top!
Start with tab #1 and work your way up from there!
Your assignment is as follows:
1. write down your research question
2. using the directions on tab #1, turn your research question into a hypothesis and write it down
3. using the knowledge you have gained via tab #2 and #3, identify 2 search engine databases where you should be searching for journal articles. Write down the names of these search engine databases.
4. once you have searched through your search engine databases and identified five *primary source* journal articles, read all 5 of them.
5. from these 5 sources, prepare an annotated bibliography, including summary of each article, with the article cited in the style of the Journal of Cell Biology.